Friday 3 April 2009

I got a letter from Charles Dance

There it was. In the mail box. Waiting for me in my SSAE.

Remember my big mail-out from a few weeks ago? One of the companies I wrote to belongs to Pierce Brosnan (to the delight of the post office lady), and another belongs to Charles Dance (she didn't get to see that one because I'd already bought the stamps).

And he wrote back!

A lovely note saying he'd passed on my details to the appropriate person and wishing me well: "keep at it and good luck - especially in these trying times." It was handwritten. Lovely handwriting. Fountain pain. Black ink.

A proper letter. Not a form letter.

Very old school and very charming. No wonder he had Sophia Miles on his arm!

Anyway. Off to yoga and pilates in preparation for my Heinz Tomato Sauce (Ketchup) shoot tomorrow. More on that next week!

No comments: